IRC supporting Sudanese women and girls in Chad
- The IRC is calling for urgent funding to prevent maternal deaths and illnesses among mothers and girls fleeing war in Sudan.
- Funding cuts for sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services have already had devastating consequences in Chad—where women and girls make up nearly nine out of ten individuals among Sudanese refugees.
- IRC teams at the border are providing awareness-raising sessions on gender-based violence (GBV), distributing dignity kits, treating cases of GBV and setting up safe spaces.
- Total population: 15.8 million
- People displaced by crisis: 706,000
- Rank in Human Development Index: 186 out of 188
- Started working in Chad: 2004